The mission of Rotary International is to provide service to others, promote integrity, and advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace through its fellowship of business, professional, and community leaders.
Rotary’s main objective is service – in the community, in the workplace, and around the globe. The 1.2 million Rotarians who make up more than 34,000 Rotary clubs in nearly every country in the world share a dedication to the ideal of Service Above Self.
Rotary clubs are open to people of all cultures and ethnicities and are not affiliated with any political or religious organizations.
The Rotary Four-Way Test
The test, which has been translated into more than 100 languages, asks the following four simple questions:
Of the things we think, say or do...
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
- November 13 - Andy Anderson
- November 20 - Chery Dunson
- November 27 - Thanksgiving: No Meeting
- December 4 - Tom Crye
- December 11 - Ashley Jones
- December 18 - Kevin Mendel
- December 25 - No Meeting
- January 1 - No Meeting
Upcoming BSR Events
- Salvation Army Bell Ringing - Nov. 15 & Dec. 6, 2014
- New Member Orientation - Nov. 17, 2014
- June 6, 2015 - BSR Sunrise Sunset Gala, featuring Atlanta Braves, Hall of Fame Pitcher Tom Glavine.
Available BSR Downloads
Rotary Meeting Make-Up Opportunities
- Mon. 6 PM, BSR Satellite
- Tues., Noon, Cleveland,
Mtn. View Inn
- Wed., Noon, Hamilton Place,
- Thurs., Noon, Chatt.,
Chatt. Conv. Ctr.
- Thurs., Noon, Etowah,
- Fri., Noon, Dayton,
First Baptist Church
- Fri., 7 AM, Hixson,
- Online eClub,
Bradley Sunrise Rotary meets each Thursday morning at 7:00 a.m. at the Hampton Inn on Frontage Road, near I-75 exit 27. An attractively priced breakfast is available. Guests are welcome.
BSR Satellite Club
The BSR Satellite Club meets Monday evenings at 6:00 at the Hampton Inn. It's a great opportunity for those that can't make our regular Thursday morning meetings. It also serves as an additional "make-up" opportunity.
November 6th meeting speaker, Brenda Thornburgh poses with her Rotary teddy bear after giving the club a progress report about RI’s End Polio Now campaign. She also gave the membership insight into her participation on a National Immunization Day in India in 2012.
Togo Water Project Update
Sept. 11, 2014 - Bradley Sunrise Rotarians Andy Anderson, Linda Record and Alvin Word gave the club membership an update about their recent trip to Togo, Africa to assess the area for clean water wells. BSR is partnering with the Ole Miss chapter of Engineers Without Borders to secure grant money to dig a 700-foot well for potable water and a 120-foot well for crop irrigation and fish ponds.
Complete Two BSR Member Surveys
Tunes For The Troops Founder Kaylee Radzyminski talked to the club about her recent tour in Afghanistan during the Sept. 4th meeting and spoke about her future plans to excel as an Army intelligence officer.
District Governor Jerry Wear presented an interesting and informative message to Bradley Sunrise Rotary's membership during the August 7, 2014 meeting. Following this meeting he met with the clubs leadership team to discuss in more detail the club's plans and goals for the upcoming year and beyond.
2014-2015 Club Officers & Directors
- Keith Munford, President
- Paul Moyle, President-elect
- Kevin Mendel, Vice President
- Sally Poston, Secretary
- Jim Phiropoulos, Treasurer
- Adam Lewis, Sergeant-of-Arms
- Andy Anderson, Imm. Past President
- Bob Anderson, Director
- Jim Davis, Director
- Cheryl Dunson, Director
- Amy Reedy, Director
- Jerry Shannon, Director
- Pete & Joyce Vanderpool, Directors
Work Group Leaders
- Club Administration, Paul Moyle
- Membership, Amy Reedy
- RI Foundation, Cheryl Dunson
- Fundraising, Kevin Mendel
- Service Projects, Pete & Joyce Vanderpool
- Finance, Jim Phiropoulos
- Public Relations & Media, Jerry Shannon
- Bradley Sunrise Foundation, TBD
- Strategic Planning, Andy Anderson
Steve Spurrier at the 2014 Gala
SOUTH CAROLINA FOOTBALL COACH Steve Spurrier shares a laugh with Bradley Sunrise Rotary president Andy Anderson before his appearance at the Rotary fund raiser Saturday, at the Museum Center at 5ive Points. Banner photo, RICHARD ROBERTS
| HOME | ABOUT BSR | MEMBERS | MEETING INFO | NEWS | EVENTS | SUNRISE GALA | GALLERY | CONTACT | ROTARY LINKS |
P.O. Box 5899, Cleveland, TN 37320 • (423) 244-7484 • District 6780 • Club: 31896